There are many reasons for adults seeking online psychological support (Online Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy). You may be feeling upset, distressed and need someone to talk to. Someone to help you discover the cause of your unhappiness.
Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy can help in many ways:
- Depression / Emptiness / Ongoing Melancholy
- Stress management / Anger / Negative thought Patterns
- Anxiety, panic attacks and phobias
- Repeating life patterns / staying in unhelpful relationships / not knowing how to manage your relationships with family, parents, partner, work colleagues etc.
- Career and personal development issues
- Effects of childhood abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality Traits / Disorders that interrupt everyday living
- Bereavement & Loss
- Addictions / substance abuse
- Low self-esteem/lack of confidence
- Self-harm / Suicidal thoughts & feelings
- Anger management
- Eating disorders
- Identity Development (“race” / mixed-race / sexuality)
- Sudden life crisis
- Feeling stuck in life
- Interpersonal issues at work
Online psychological therapy is not only for resolving problems. It is valuable for anyone who wants to learn more about themselves and their relationships and improve their general sense of emotional well-being.
How can we help?
We can help by working with each person in an individual way. This means the type, frequency and duration of the psychotherapy or online counselling may vary from client to client. However, most sessions are for 50 minutes. So please be online on time to use your time effectively.
At the beginning of our work, we will be able to agree what help you want – in addition to regular opportunities to review the progress you feel you are making, we encourage clients to discuss how we are working together at any time.
During online therapy, we work together to understand how the problems have developed and why repeating patterns have been hard to change. Online therapy can increase confidence in managing difficulties and fosters skills to enable empowerment and sustainable positive changes.